Here are our tips to reduce your heating costs
An easy way to reduce your costs, is to… be one of Pétrole & Propane Bélanger’s customers !
Because we source from several suppliers to ensure we offer you a competitive price and thus make you benefit directly by reducing your costs of consumption of oil products.
HERE ARE SOME SMALL TIPS TO REDUCE YOUR HEATING COSTS
Investing in a programmable thermostat is cost-effective!
- Depending on the very simple programming, your thermostat will automatically increase or decrease the temperature at the time of the day you have selected. This will result in energy saving.
- You can also lower your thermostat manually when you leave the house for long periods or when you go to sleep.
- If you have a hot water system, set the individual controls for each room to lower the temperature in the least used rooms.
SETTING UP YOUR HEATER:
- Adjust your heater every year to maximize its functioning and save on your product consumption.
- If your furnace is over twenty years old, there are several options to reduce your oil consumption by replacing your old furnace.
- Regularly check the air filter in your heater in winter and change it when required. If the filter is partially or completely blocked, it won’t allow the air to circulate freely, which leads to higher consumption of oil to heat up your home.
SAVE HOT WATER:
- By installing a showerhead saver, you can use up to a third less hot water and save money and energy.
SAVE THE HEAT PRODUCED:
- Insulate your house as much as possible (windows, doors, garage) and you will see a significant difference.
- Caulk all the joints to eliminate loss of hot air.
- If you have a hot water system, insulate the pipes.
ENERGY STAR APPROVED EQUIPMENT:
- Energy Star is an internationally recognized energy efficiency symbol. It guarantees that an equipment bearing this symbol is one of the most efficient on the market, both energetically and ecologically.
- Energy Star marked products must meet or exceed the minimum requirements for energy efficiency; these standards are set by the Government of Canada.
- For instance, installing ENERGY STAR oil heating equipment also ensures your installation is as efficient as possible and therefore most cost-effective.