What should you do if your oil heater breaks down?
React quickly if:
- There is a leak or smell of oil.
- Your heating system or any other oil-fuelled appliance has stopped working.
Procedures to follow in the event of a breakdown:
- Increase the temperature of your thermostat by 5 degrees.
- Ensure the furnace switch is turned to the “ON” position.
- Check the fuse of the switch box; it is recommended to replace the old fuse.
- Check the fuse and the circuit breaker on the main panel ; replace the fuse or reset the circuit breaker.
- Check the oil dipstick; if it says “Empty” (E), call-us.
- Press (maximum twice) on the reset button located near the flue pipe or on the burner.
- Press the reset button on the burner if there is one; if the problem persists, call us.
REMINDER: if there is not enough heat during very cold temperatures, increase the temperature of the aquastat to 200° Fahrenheit or 93° Celsius.